Have you ever considered yourself an autodidact? No? Why not? Nowadays, internet gives such amazing ways to learn and explore things you would not imagine to be so easy to create. I encourage you to make a step towards self-education process, which is as powerful as demanding. Here are a few websites you should definitely check!
Orginizing one's time is a key to success, as it provides and extra space for unplanned activities or obligations. Some things just needs to be done no matter what. Unfortunately - they take us away from our own dreams and goals. Also, we tend to forget our own tasks. With these tools, especially Trello, I am always aware what needs to be done, what have I already accomplished and how to manage my time.
- Khan Academy Probably the most popular website devoted to teaching and self-education.
- Alex Hogrefe Website of the great guy, who brings simple renders into a visual gourmet course.
- Ronen Bekerman Another blog of a cg artist, who very personally reaches out to his followers.
- Creative Live Online classes for creative individuals.
- MeetUp "Neighbors getting together to learn something, do something, share something…"
- Scale of Universe Little did I know, how much understanding the scale of things would teach me!
- Trello Simple, handy and practical orginizer of everything.
- Genie Belt From now on you can orginize your project more easily and efficiently than ever.
- CGP Grey Movies that can briefly explain anything - is not only impressive, but also time-saving!
- Minute Physics Another channel shrinking tons of knowledge into few-minute presentations.
- The New Boston This one is tricky - come here, learn to code and save your time - full stop!
- Investopedia If you do not want to save your time, how about investing it?
Before coming to China I was never green-oriented person. I was not able to see the risks and threats, that a conventional way of planning, designing and building can cause. It all starts with the knowledge and a state of mind. Now I know how important is to think about an environment and energy. I believe, that the green urban planning and architecture can bring the world back on the right, sustainable track.
Designers seek powerful inspirations all the time. Even the most creative individuals sometimes need this sparkle, that brings a lot of innovative ideas. Still, I am sure that the right inspiration is the one taken from nature, laws of physics, human's perception or personality, symbolism, instead of a final product or design. Nothing really new can be created from something already existing.
- Green Initiatives Website committed to spreading a meaning and awareness of the environment.
- USGBC U.S. Green Building Council website - a developer of the LEED rating system.
- LEED Online Nothing more, nothing less - just LEED online.
- Diet & Exercise How can you think green, if you do not have a green lifestyle?
- Poplar education Website that helps you to learn towards LEED certificate, CE hours, etc.
- GreenCe SDCE Sustainable Design Continuing Education - free courses, plenty of knowledge.
- Design Inspiration An amazing website, Pinterest alike, but made by pro-graphic designers.
- We Heart It Cool pictures and graphic works, that can inspire your grey cells to create magic.
- Futurism Website dedicated to the contemporary technologies and futuristic design.
- Materials Today Connecting the materials community.
- BLDG BLOG One of those blogs you keep coming back to.
- gooood Simply gooood website about architecture straight from Hong Kong.
I am so thrilled by the contemporary tools provided to us designers. Finding out the right color, simultaneous sketching with a friend thousand miles away, getting 3d models, copyright-free beautiful images or even finding something more about ourselves - all that is now available for anybody, anywhere and free of charge! It would be a sin not to use it.
Finally, we got to my personal favorite - parametric design. I did not attend any courses (just one 2-day-long workshop as an introduction), I was not lucky to have a real mentor in my beginning path in parametrism, but in fact - I did not need all of that. All I had - and it was more than enough - was my need, willingness, internet connection and time to discover the world of endless possibilities driven by code, not lines.
- Colour Lovers Finding perfect color palettes for your projects was never easier.
- Nippon Colors Handy color-palette website focused on Japanese-style hues and tones.
- Co-Sketch Enables you to sketch with a friend at the same time using your own screens.
- SketchFab Looking for cool 3d models? Check it out!
- Flickr As a graphic designer, I am visiting this website every time I need a good pic.
- Imperative How much do you really know yourself?
- Digital Toolbox Tutorials from this website will change your design approach forever.
- Grasshopper3d Probably the wikipedia of parametric design made in Grasshopper and its plugins.
- CASE the blog Official blog of a talented group of technologists, that always impresses me.
- Parametric Architecture An interesting page about Parametric Architecture found on Archello.
- MIR. For me these guys just create another level of realism.
- 1x.com Its crossing the limits! Hard to find a bad picture over here...