The skills you need
Description of my essential interests and skills
I am working full-time as an architect and urban planner, taking part in many cooperative or individual projects in both: conceptual and executive stages of design. The scope of my experience in creativity processes is defined by many: architecture, planning, graphic design, art and even script and short novels writing, which I found extremely imaginary. However, I would love to pursue my design skills in architectural programming, animating, researching of new architectural solutions inspired by nature (mimicry), green design (LEED) and even structural (Autodesk Robotics) design. These are the directions I have already taken, trying to learn something new each day, expanding my horizons, reaching out for the better future.
Designer devoted to:
- Exploring - getting to the core of the problem and addressing the given set of requirements (planning, relating, selecting, discarding, synthesising and developing solutions).
- Integrating - the project with the certain context. Making a simple diagrams showing relationships between spaces and activities for contractors to estimate the costs.
- Analyzing - collecting information, establishing key elements of problems and solutions.
- Envisioning - the concept, showing the channels and users of the system, interactions between them and logical functions and data.
- Filtering - the most important viewpoints of the project from the less important concerns.
- Presenting & Specifying - visualizing and formalizing the crucial aspects of the project.
The tools we need
Description of my favorite software
I am always fascinated by new tools and techniques architects have to express their concepts and draw their visions. Though I am always reaching out for testing new software, I have a few that I mastered and prefer to use professionally. Check the list below.
Sotware proficiency in:
- BIM - Archicad and Revit (Autocad if necessary, but not a fan)
- 3D modeling - Rhinoceros + Grasshopper (undoubtedly winners!), 3ds Max (with plugins), Sketchup and Sculptris
- Animating/Rendering - VRay, Lumion (GPU based) and After Effects
- Graphic design - Adobe Suite (unsurprisingly): PS, Illustrator, Lightroom (life saver sometimes), also: Corel Draw (anybody?), Fotosketcher (fast, cool artistic effects) and Autodesk Sketchbook (for special purposes)
- Lighting design - Dialux - easy, accurate and up-to-date
- Presenting - Prezi, Issuu, Slideshare
Learning basics and making progress in:
- Programming - Python for Grasshopper, Java Script in Processing
- Website development - HTML 5 and CSS3, using jquery & js tools
What is really needed
Description of my design spirit
Let us do not beat aroud the bush! If you want to work with someone, hire someone or just connect with a fellow professional - it is not because of some skills, educational background or even experience. What really makes chemistry is the character of an each individual. To lead or to follow? That is a question!
What to expect about me?
- Strong sense of organization followed by ambition - for sure! I think these obvious features are often lost in life.
- Eagerness to learn and seek uniqueness - that is what I love to consider myself of having.
- Cooperation - let us find together the best efficiency and achieve the goals today - why to wait for tomorrow?
- Being red about green - obviously, thinking of energy, carbon emissions, volatile organic compounds, persistent bioaccumulative toxins, exemplary performance and things like that is not supplementary anymore - it is necessary!
- Honesty - perhaps you are thinking that some of the things I wrote on this website are at least slighly not true? Then let us grab a cup of coffee and discuss architecture, purpose of life and the world we live in! (contact page)